Security & Privacy
We value your security
We understand the principle importance of online transaction security and adopt the very latest technologies to comply with all appropriate regulations and legislation, offering complete peace of mind.
Trees & Hedging and our payment gateways (Sage Pay and PayPal) utilise SSL (secure sockets layer) encryption for all transmitted data, ensuring that access or modification to sensitive information by third parties is not possible.
Sage Pay and PayPal encrypt all data stored on their servers, and are regularly audited by banks and banking authorities. All links made to the banking network by Sage Pay and PayPal are not publically accessible, and any cardholder information sent to, and received from, banks is completely secure, and all Sage Pay and PayPal members of staff are unable to decrypt transaction information or cardholder data.
Sage Pay is audited by Trustwave – an independent qualified security assessor (QSA) and approved scanning vendor (ASV) - to ensure that all systems are up-to-date with the latest encryption and security standards, and that such complies fully with the stringent policies and standards set out by participating card schemes.
Sage Pay and PayPal are fully approved as a Level 1 compliant under the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI), which is the highest level of compliance.
Your browser will confirm that you are shopping in a secure environment by showing a locked padlock icon or an image of a key in the bar at the bottom of your screen.
We are committed to preserving and safeguarding the privacy of all visitors to treesandhedging.co.uk. The manner in which we do so is detailed in this document, with such also highlighting the way in which obtained personal information is utilised and protected.
By registering or placing an order with treesandhedging.co.uk, you are consenting to the policies highlighted on this page.
Your data and privacy
The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) will apply from 25 May 2018, when it supersedes the UK Data Protection Act 1998 (DPA).
Trees and Hedging will comply with applicable GDPR regulations when they take effect in 2018 while also working closely with our customers and partners to meet obligations for our procedures, products and services.
What information do we collect from you?
We may collect, store and use the following types of personal information:
- A) Information regarding your computer and your visits to treesandhedging.co.uk; including your IP address, geographical location, type of browser and operating system, connection type and speed, source of referral, length of visit and the number of pages viewed.
- B) Upon registering or making a purchase with treesandhedging.co.uk, you will be required to provide us with personal information relating to your name, address and contact information. For purchases, payment details will also be requested. If you opt in to receive information via the web site (i.e. e-newsletters and e-mail notifications), this personal information will also be transmitted to us.
- C) Any other information that you choose to send to us.
How will we disclose your information?
In addition, we may disclose personal information:
- A) to the extent that we are required to do so by law;
- B) in connection with any legal proceedings or prospective legal proceedings;
- C) in order to establish, exercise, or defend our legal rights (including providing information to others for the purposes of fraud prevention and reducing credit risk)
How do we use your personal information?
We may use your personal information to:
- A) administer treesandhedging.co.uk;
- B) improve the browsing experience by introducing elements of personalisation;
- C) deliver goods purchased from treesandhedging.co.uk;
- D) send statements and invoices to you;
- E) send general, non-marketing communications, or e-mail notifications which have been specifically requested;
- F) send marketing communications relating to treesandhedging.co.uk where you have agreed to this, either by e-mail or similar technology. At any time, you can inform us that you would prefer not to receive marketing communications; All e-mail marketing correspondence we send out directly to you will contain an unsubscribe link
- G) provide third parties with statistical information regarding our visitors (including, but not limited to, browser, operating system & network statistics) and how they use treesandhedging.co.uk (including, but not limited to, pages viewed, time on site & visit source) – however, this information will not identify any individual user. Please also see the information under the heading 'Google Analytics', along with the information under the heading 'Cookies', for further details;
- H) allow us to deal with any enquiries or complaints made by or about you relating to treesandhedging.co.uk;
Where you submit personal information for publication on our web site (e.g. as part of a testimonial or product review), we will publish and otherwise use that information in accordance with the license you grant to us.
All web site financial transactions are handled via Sage Pay or PayPal, our payment service providers. You should only provide your personal information to either Sage Pay or PayPal following the review of their privacy policies. We will share information with these payment service providers only to the extent necessary for the purposes of processing payments made via treesandhedging.co.uk.
How do we secure your personal information?
We will take reasonable technical and organisational precautions to prevent the loss, misuse, or alteration of your personal information.
All personal information provided to us will be stored on secure servers, which are both password and firewall protected, and all electronic transactions you make to us will be encrypted using SSL technology.
You are responsible for keeping your password and user details confidential. However, we will never request for you to reveal your password to us, under any circumstances.
We use tracking cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and no personally identifiable information is stored.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. All web browsers automatically accept Cookies, you can modify your browser security settings to block Cookies although you should be warned that changing Cookie settings can adversely effect the performance of our website.
Should you require further information, there are several useful sources, the details of which we have provided below:
A video explaing how cookies are used: www.google.co.uk/goodtoknow/data-on-the-web/cookies
More detailed information on cookies: www.allaboutcookies.org
A guide to behavioural advertising and online privacy: www.youronlinechoices.eu
Information on the ICC (UK) UK cookie guide: www.international-chamber.co.uk/our-expertise/digitaleconomy
|COOKIE name||COOKIE Description|
|CART||The association with your shopping cart.|
|CATEGORY_INFO||Stores the category info on the page, that allows to display pages more quickly.|
|COMPARE||The items that you have in the Compare Products list.|
|CURRENCY||Your preferred currency|
|CUSTOMER||An encrypted version of your customer id with the store.|
|CUSTOMER_AUTH||An indicator if you are currently logged into the store.|
|CUSTOMER_INFO||An encrypted version of the customer group you belong to.|
|CUSTOMER_SEGMENT_IDS||Stores the Customer Segment ID|
|EXTERNAL_NO_CACHE||A flag, which indicates whether caching is disabled or not.|
|FRONTEND||You sesssion ID on the server.|
|GUEST-VIEW||Allows guests to edit their orders.|
|LAST_CATEGORY||The last category you visited.|
|LAST_PRODUCT||The most recent product you have viewed.|
|NEWMESSAGE||Indicates whether a new message has been received.|
|NO_CACHE||Indicates whether it is allowed to use cache.|
|PERSISTENT_SHOPPING_CART||A link to information about your cart and viewing history if you have asked the site.|
|POLL||The ID of any polls you have recently voted in.|
|POLLN||Information on what polls you have voted on.|
|RECENTLYCOMPARED||The items that you have recently compared.|
|STF||Information on products you have emailed to friends.|
|STORE||The store view or language you have selected.|
|VIEWED_PRODUCT_IDS||The products that you have recently viewed.|
|WISHLIST||An encrypted list of products added to your Wishlist.|
|WISHLIST_CNT||The number of items in your Wishlist.|
Targeting cookies or advertising cookies
The LiquidShop system by default does not use targeted advertising cookies.
Refusal of cookies
Web browsers do allow the refusal of cookies. However, this will negatively influence the usability of web sites, including treesandhedging.co.uk, and will prevent functionality which is deemed essential.
Access to your information and its correction
You have the right to request a copy of the information that we hold about you. If you would like a copy of some or all of your personal information, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We want to make sure that your personal information is accurate and up-to-date. You may ask us to correct or remove information you think is inaccurate.
Third party web sites
The treesandhedging.co.uk web site may contain links to other web sites. We take no responsibility for the content, privacy policies or practices of third party web sites.
Updating your information
Please inform us if you require us to correct or update the personal information which we hold about you.
- E-mail: email@example.com
- Telephone: (+44) 01673 818046
British Hardwood Tree Nursery Ltd.
Trading as Trees & Hedging
Document last updated: Thursday, 3rd May 2018.