This is a simple way to buy your hedging, plus you will benefit from a 5% saving as opposed to purchasing these items separately AND now with FREE ROOTGROW.
Hawthorn is a perfect species for those wishing to create a natural impenetrable hedge. Each pack contains Hawthorn plants and Rootgrow. Protection, in the form of spiral guards & bamboo canes, is included as part of the pack too.
Each pack consists of:
- 30-50cm 1+0 Hawthorn (Crataegus monogyna) plants.
- Enough Rootgrow to adequately cover the number of plants.
- Spiral guards (60cm x 40mm diameter).
- Supporting bamboo canes (90cm x 12/14lbs).
The pack is available in quantities of:
- 50 plants (which, if planting 5 to the metre, gives you 10 metres of hedging).
- 100 plants (giving you approx. 20 metres of hedging).
- 250 plants (giving you approx. 50 metres of hedging).
- 500 plants (giving you approx. 100 metres of hedging).
Planting & guidance
We recommend that the hedgerow is planted in a double staggered row at five plants per metre as an average; however you can still plant at four or six per metre. The distance between the rows being approx. 30cm.
Once the Hawthorn is planted, insert the cane into the ground and then place the spiral guard over the plant and cane. The only reason for the cane is to hold the spiral in place as this will not be supported by the plant.
Have a question about this? Let us know...